Qualification and Eligibility
The LITE-ON Award competition is open to designers with Chinese origin all over the world, regardless of your area or age! All are welcome to compete, including students and younger designers. (If join as a team, at least one of the team members need to be with Chinese origins)
LITE-ON Award is open to innovative applications in the following fields: cloud computing, power systems, core mechanics, networking devices, optoelectronics, automobile electronics, smart manufacturing, 5G, AIoT and smart healthcare.
1.Apply for Lite-On Award account
2.Our use previously created Lite-On Award account
||Before the submission
deadline you should:
1.Once fill in competition entry information, the seriel number will be assigned
2.Upload presentation boards in JPG format (no more than 3 files)
3.The entry submission is complete
||Preliminary Selection Meeting
1.Preliminary round of evalutions begins online.
2.Finalists and Special Jury Award recipients announced.
3.Mock-up submission for final selection.
||Special Award Selection
Panel makes final Lite-On Award decisions.
Registering for a LITE-ON Account：
Contestants should register for an individual LITE-ON account at www.liteonaward.com .
If you have an account from past participation in the competition, please use your existing registered email and password to log in.
Entry Submission for Preliminary Selection
Submitting Your Entry：
After obtaining your LITE-ON account, please log in and supply all of the requested information of your work. After filling in the requested information, you will receive a serial number for your entry. Then, upload the image of presentation boards (no more than 3 pieces). After all of the requested materials have been uploaded into the system, your work will be successfully registered.
Please note that the presentation boards should include the looks of your entry, and brief introduction of your design.
Additional information may be presented through a single video file. (Videos will be for the judges' reference only; they are not mandatory.) If you would like to include a self-produced video relevant to your entry as reference material for the judges, please upload the video to YouTube or Youku and follow the instruction on the system. Please note that the system supports only these two platforms.
"Deadline for Uploading Entries："
Your entry must be submitted before 12:00 noon time on June 23rd 2020. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Requirements of uploading presentation boards：
1. JPEG files (RGB format is required), 1386(W) x 980(H) pixels, 72 dpi resolution
2. Font Size suggestion: Chinese over 18; English over 16,
3. Three images maximum. (Upload file size: less than 2M)
- There is no limit on the number of entries per person. However, a series of works that stem from a single design concept will be considered as a single entry. Design Innovation category entries that already have demos or are confirmed to be technically feasible is able to simultaneously apply for the Technology Innovation category. However, the Technology Innovation submission must comply with the required format for the corresponding category.
- Co-designers must be indicated at the time of entry submission. To preserve the fairness of the competition, please provide information regarding to all co-designers before the entry submission deadline. LITE-ON reserves the right to deny the designation of co-designers after finalists or winners have been announced.
Awards and Evaluation Criteria
Awards and Rewards
||Number of Winners
||Cash Award NT$ 400,000 and a Trophy
||Cash Award NT$ 200,000 and a Trophy
||Cash Award NT$ 100,000 and a Trophy
||Cash Award NT$ 10,000 and a Certificate
The number of awards will be calibrated according to the quality of entries in final selection.
1. All awards are subject to Taiwan personal income taxes
(10% for residents; 20% for non-residents)
||Criteria Weighting for Preliminary Round Judging
||Final Selection of Judging
||Inspiration, theory and reference documentation, demand analysis, benefit comparison
||Innovation, environmental sustainability, aesthetics, ergonomics, user interface, design description
||Originality, marketability, creative inspiration description, sustainability in innovation (e.g. sustainability in production process, material acquisition, energy consumption, decomposition, recycling, reuse, etc.)
||Technologies that can achieve mass production within 3 years.
||Ability to convey the rationale behind the design, and excellent presentation skills.
Mock-up Submission for Final Selection
Finalists’ mock-ups will be produced by the vendor of LITE-ON Corp., and will be supplied with a production subsidy not to exceed NT$25,000 (inclusive of postal expenses and tax).
Please deliver mock-ups to the address below. Contestants unable to deliver their mock-ups in person should mail their mock-ups, with the postmark serving as verification of mailing. Late submissions will be disqualified. Contestants bear all responsibilities for any damage incurred during shipping.
Mock-up submissions should be sent to:
LITE-ON Award Committee
Essence Communications Consultant Co.
15F.-3, No. 1, Fuxing N. Rd., Songshan Dist., Taipei City 105, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
- Mock-up dimensions should not exceed 300mm x 300mm x 300mm (Length x Width x Height) and should be constructed on a 1:1 scale. If the original design of the entry exceeds these dimensions, mock-ups should be proportionally reduced in accordance with the specified dimensions.
- If you feel that your mock-up needs to exceed these dimensions, please contact Mr. Chen
- Final Selection mock-ups must display the LITE-ON logo, which may be printed, engraved, or otherwise marked on the piece.
Evaluation Process and the Panel
Based on the evaluation criteria above, the judging panel will select 10 entries to proceed to the final round. The number of entries making it into the final round will be determined by the judging panel of preliminary selection.
- The panel will base its judgments on the aesthetics of the mock-up, design illustrations, as well as the on-site presentation, deciding upon the Gold, Silver, Bronze and Merit awards.
- Finalists will be invited to present their designs in person in a five-minute presentation, followed by a five-minute question-and-answer session. Finalists must submit supporting materials to LITE-ON Award Committee prior to their presentations.
- In order to encourage finalists to come to Taiwan to participate in final round activities, LITE-ON will defray travel expenses, up to NT$30,000 per team.
Panel of Judges：
The panel of judges will be made up of five to six prominent design experts and scholars from Taiwan and overseas..